What’s in a cough?
A cough can help to make the throat clear from phlegm and other irritants. However, continuity of coughing for a longer period can also be signaling several health issues, such as an allergy, a viral infection, or a bacterial infection.
Coughing is a natural subliminal that comes when something annoys your throat or airways. Occasional tickling is normal and healthy as they use to flush out built-up phlegm and debris. However, that doesn’t allow them any less pain.
The most common reasons for coughing are:
- Inflammation from cigarette smoke or pollutants
- Bacterial septicemia like bronchitis or sinusitis
- Viral symptoms like the cold or flu
Coughs that lead to asthma, inflammation, and allergies should be cured by a healthcare service. However, if your cough proceeds to remain after viral allergies or is the output of irritation, here are some tips to cure sinus problems at home.
1. Cayenne pepper, honey, and water
Using cayenne pepper can assist you to treat cough & the chest discomfort that leads to continuous coughing. You can try home remedies for coughs.
You will require:
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Combine all these contents well to make a cough syrup
- Drink this syrup 2 to 3 times per day for great relief from a cough.
- You should follow this process regularly till you get a cure for cough.
Read More : Difference between Oil and Ghee
2. Try ginger
Ginger is a medicinal plant used as a dietary element. It is useful to cure several health problems like nausea, the common cold, or chemotherapy indications. Ginger possesses antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory qualities. It is spicy, Ginger may assist you in promoting the mucus and salivation stimulation that offer you relief from the cough symptoms. Ginger is enriched with strong antibiotic results. It works as an effective remedy to get relief from coughing.
- Ginger powder
- Take a teaspoon of ginger powder and a teaspoon of honey
- Then you infuse them to have a fine paste by stirring well.
- You consume it about 3 times per day to get complete treatment for a cough and its pain.
3. Honey and green tea
Coughing is one of the very common viral problems induced by the blockage or inconvenience in the throat or upper air progress. Coughing may also be led by a change in season transit, flu, cold, smoking, or different tuberculosis, lung cancer, and asthma conditions. The common signs of a cough are chest pain, congestion in the throat, or itching sensation. There are various ways of healing a cough at home by using natural elements containing herbs, vegetable & fruit mixture, and other ingredients.
4. Saltwater gargle
Saltwater can boost you in stimulating the extra fluids in the inflamed field of your throat and thereby relieving cough. Gargling salt water will be used to avoid the irritants in your throat and diminish the mucus. This process generates humidity to your throat, acts as a natural antibacterial factor, and lowers pain. Ongoing use of this habit 3 to 4 times a day regularly can help to prohibit infections linked to the throat & upper respiratory tracts.
- A cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- Take a glass of warm water and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Then you shake it well to dissolve and use this saltwater to gargle your mouth
- It will cure the soreness in the throat and relieving cough
- You should follow this procedure for 3 to 4 times a day to get relief of a sore throat and cough
5. The combination of onions and honey
Onions are loaded with high sulfur which includes a large number of antibacterial properties. So, it may encourage you to treat a cough faster.
You will require:
- 2 onions
- 1 glass of water
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Slice 2 onions into small slices vertically
- Pour water and put these onion slices into a pyrex pan
- Keep it in the microwave for about 30 minutes at 250 degrees F for baking
- Add little honey on baked remedy
- You infuse them well until the honey gets dissolves completely
- Consume it each day to get a quick cure from a cough
6. Eat thyme
Thyme is a medicinal herb to soothe smooth muscle spasms, involving those generated by coughing. A combined treatment of thyme and ivy progresses coughing and other indications of acute bronchitis. To get relief from coughing, thyme can be eaten as a tincture, herbal tea.
- 2 teaspoon of dried powder of thyme, peppermint, the root of licorice
- 1 cup of hot boiled water
- ½ cup of raw honey
- Firstly, you combine dried thyme, peppermint, licorice root, and mullein along with a bowl of boiling water
- Let it cover for about a half-hour
- By using a strainer take out the water
- Then you mix honey with this water. If the honey is not properly dissolving, you have to heat it and shake it well until it makes a consistent combination
- Consume 1 teaspoon of this remedy to get relieved
- You should collect the remaining mixture in an airtight container and then store it in the refrigerator for the next use
- Keep following this way whenever you have a cough.
Read More : Build immunity with desi ghee
7. Use marshmallow root
Marshmallow root is an herbal extension thought to smoothen the mucous membranes situated in the throat and mouth. The roots and leaves of marshmallows have a thick substance called mucilage. When indulged with water, mucilage generates a gel-like finish that can coat the throat, as like honey.
Besides all the above 7 natural home remedies to cure cough. One of the best solutions is to use Desi ghee, as was suggested in ancient times by Ayurveda. Ghee keeps you warm within and stimulates you to get rid of viral infections.
Ghee remedy for excessive coughing
For viral coughing, cow ghee is the best remedy. It will act like Vicks as when it massages the body it gets melted within no time and elevates your body’s hotness within.
Before rubbing with ghee just make it warm and this treatment will be used on the chest to offer relief from cough. In case a child is suffering from a severe viral illness due to the transition of season or viral infection.
Take two teaspoons of desi cow organic ghee and warm it with garlic until the ghee melts in a jar and the appearance of garlic turns slightly brown. Once this mixture gets cool, it’s a conventional massage on the child’s chest.
Although some home tips like having tea with honey or gargling warm water by adding salt may be useful for you to prevent coughing, they won’t cure underlying issues. According to Ayurveda, for general mental and physical health in moderate to the intake of medicated ghee.
This treatment of diseases is connected to the nervous system in special panchakarma methods. Buy a jar of pure real cow ghee at our online store. We prefer to make ghee through the conventional Bilona churned method. Visit our website https://sureshfoods.com/ for more details.